Do you think eating to much watermelon is unhealthy for the baby?

I have been eating watermelon like no other but im a little scared that i might either go into labor or that it might hurt the baby is this true. oh and im thirty three weeks pregnant.

mommy2b924

Asked by mommy2b924 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why would you go into labor for eating too much watermelon? :/
    No, it's not unhealthy... but I would add in other foods as well - if you're only just eating watermelon. lol.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Well, other than having a lot of liquid in your system, I don't see how it would hurt your baby. You might go a lot more, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Unless you have gestational diabetes then no?
    Watermelon is the best huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• when i was pregnant with my last baby i didnt eat anything else except watermelon.all day long.i didnt have diabetes but i was hypoglycymic(sp)and i also think thats what prevented me from dehydration...because i couldnt keep anything down...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It does have a rather high sodium content as well as a lot of water. I would enjoy in moderation and drink plain water to flush out the excess sodium.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't see any harm in it. You just made me want watermelon so bad tho lol
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• LOL.. my mom had a whole watermelon every day for a while when she was pregnant with me. She would drive to different markets so they wouldn't think she was nuts. I think if you crave something.. it is for a reason..
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 10:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Watermelon is not high in sodium unless you put salt on it. It has 2mg of sodium per serving size. A serving size being approximately I cup of watermelon. Even if you ate 10 cups, that would only be 20 mg of sodium.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2072/2

I wouldn't worry about it. Watermelon is good for you. There's a lot worse other things you could be eating.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• With my last (#6) the ONLY way I could keep fluids in my system was to eat watermelon for the first several months! And then I ate it throughout the pregnancy because I love it so much! And right now I have a 20+ pound "watermelon" crawling around my living room! haha!

You and your baby will be fine! Good Luck! :)
    LadyVonBostaph

Answer by LadyVonBostaph at 9:09 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I was addicted to watermelon when I was pregnant - I ate it all the way through my 39 1/2 weeks - it caused no problems - and gave me that extra water that I needed.
    Sherri0521

Answer by Sherri0521 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2009