Do you think this country is headed toward civil war?

I am just wondering because it is obvious many people do not agree with Obama and his administration's policies. I honestly thought it would happen during Bush administration but the only thing I really heard people complaining about was the war...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. What we are doing is making ourselves a huge terrorist target. If we are not the "united" states of America we are in huge trouble. North Korea sees that and so do all of our enemies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Our country is split, Obama did not win by a huge landslide. He should have beat McCain by a far larger percentage then he did, and now he is loosing support from his own voters. I do see the media playing into a large part of the unrest by the American people. But Obama needs to realize he will be up for re-election in a few years. There is only a handful of Sitting Presidents that have not been re-elected but if he keeps it up he will be on that list!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 8:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree with :26. Also the difference between the discord with Bush vs Obama is that liberals are pacifists, whereas conservatives love guns and war...could pose a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• the only thing I really heard people complaining about was the war...
    __________________
    Oh, "only" the war? Where people die? Sure, that's nothing to complain about. This whole violent, misinformed and lets say it, straight up lies, aspect of the current disapproval makes me ill, and I am disgusted that people can't at least agree that we are Americans and ultimately on the same side. (I am not talking about fiscal conservatives complaining about the $$, I am talking about the birthers, the liars, the name callers.) The hysteria regarding the Obama administration is disturbing to me, and I can't help but to think that there is a component to it that has to do with the fact that Obama is Black. Yep, I said it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'd say Stacy just won best answer. I totally agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Obama is Black. Yep, I said it.

Big shocker. Didn't take long for that to roll out,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• What difference does it make what color he is?? none to me and most people. If you are so blind to what this man and the dem congress is doing that color is all you have, then I feel sorry for you. And if you hadn't noticed, most of the dem congress is NOT black.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Big shocker. Didn't take long for that to roll out,
    ________________
    Hey, you can check my answers, I have only said it maybe one other time in response to a question like this. I am not saying it's everyone, but really, CIVIL WAR? Think about what that means! KILLING fellow Americans! That kind of violent attitude goes further than disagreeing, even vehemently, with the administration. Bush was more unpopular than Obama is now, weher was the civil war talk then, hmmm?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• No, I think the country is headed for a major change in the people in congress in 2010.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• "whereas conservatives love guns and war...could pose a problem."

Wow - stereotype much?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009