At what age did your children start to do these things?

I'm just curious as to what age your child learned the following things. I know that children learn at different rates, my husband just wants to insist our son is advanced for his age (I'm middle of the road on the subject) so I told him I'd ask other moms about their own kids until we are at the peds.

If you could tell me about what age, in months would be great but in years is good too!, your child did these things that would be great. Thanks so much in advance!

~1. Start recognizing letters of the alphabet. Not necessarily ALL the letters, but some of them.
~2. Being able to put puzzles together? The ones we have that I mean are ones where the pictures under the pieces don't look like the actual pieces...if that makes sense.
~3. Saying 3 words together such as "I don't know", "Here you go" etc etc.

Those are the only ones I can think of specifically right now. I know he had other things he wanted me to mention b

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• Probably all around 16 months.
    I don't really understand the puzzle question. Are you talkng about the toddler wooden puzzles?
    My son kis 19 months and knows some letters, can say them and knows them by sight. He has a speach delay and is just now putting two or more words together, so he is a little late with that one. And he will do puzzles, the toddler ones. And he is seeing a speech therapist about his language skills but other than that he is where he should be with everything else.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 1:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My kids are now 13 1/2. so i will try & remember.

I remember having conversations with them at 1 1/2 - 2 yrs old. Letters etc, they were about 3 1/2 -- give or take.
    Puzzles i don't remember. But they were riding 2 wheels bikes at 3 1/2 & looked to take things apart.
    hannahsmom0107

Answer by hannahsmom0107 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2008