Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children Services

Over the past six mnths my sd has been coming over with bruises. She says her mother is grabbing her. Each time ths happened we called chidren services. Tw ice we were given temp. custody. We have a lawyer, we are fighting for custody. The last time she was bruised, she got a new caseworker. Today I got a letter from them saying that all of our calls are unsubstantiated. That ths is because my dh and his ex have too volitale relationship. Also, that they want to be at the hearing to make sure neither party is targeted. What do you when the system stops working for you?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • cps gets the wrong people and let molesters run lose. so that is the system. and until apereon changes the child should be with yall

    Answer by Ashlee0323 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • how old is the child? Children get bruised easily, if the bruises are not in the shape of fingers CPS will not do much, has your DH talked to her doctor? Take her to the doctor when you notice the next set of bruises, allow the doctor to tell you if they are normal or something to be worried about. Becarful of filing to many times, if they all come back unsupstantiated and his ex knows you are doing it she could press charges.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • Grabbing a child and giving the child bruises may not be against the law, neglect, or abluse. It sucks but that's the way it may be.

    Accept that the mother has custody and try to make things calm down.

    Answer by GailllAZ at 9:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • If you truly beleive that this child is an abusive situation you are already doing what you having a lawyer and trying to obtain custody. In the mean time, overwhelming CPS with phone calls each time your sd returns from a visit from her mother's home, is unreasonable. If you are concerned, since CPS is aware, go to her doctor's office and have them document the marks, make a police report each time a situation occurs. Law enforcement is suppossed to keep social services informed of all incidents involving parents. Pass on reports to your attorney. Truthfully, I have seen many parents call when it was not necessariy taking up valuable time and resources over petty divorces. The he said/she said situation. I'm not saying that is your situation but it is not unusual. Keep persuing with your lawyer the issue in court.

    Answer by frogdawg at 10:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.