What should I bring with me to the hospital durning delivery?

liena09

Asked by liena09 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• bring your own pads the ones the hospital gives are a joke! ; ) don't forget a comfortable change of clothes for you and the babies going home outfit and blankie a pair of comfortable shoes and all your hygiene products. hope that this helps it's all that i can remember, mine is 3 now!

rose549

Answer by rose549 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I suggest bathrobe, slippers, jammies (for after delivery) and a nice CD of your favorite music to play while your laboring. It amazed me that having some music on totally distracted me from alot of the pain and allowed me to focus better during contractions. For the baby I suggest bringing nail care supplies (emery boards or nail trimmers) My first son came out with extremely long nails and cut his little face up pretty good.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Bring your own pillows. They're way more comfortable. And yes, you'd be better off with your own pads. Those ones are so big and bulky. No joke, if I ever have another baby, I'm buying depends lol.
    Bring things to make you feel better. I brought my makeup and perfume, as dumb as that might sounds, but a little bit of concealer and mascara went a loooong way lol.
    Maybe some CD's. I brought books, which was dumb because I never used them anyways in the hospital.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Definitely an Ipod if you have one. THat was the best thing I had! I was in labor for 35 hours and it saved me from going insane! =)
    I bought a cheap robe and something really comfortable to wear home -- elastic waist is best I think!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Your own comfortable loose PJS, warm socks, Slippers, Bath robe, Shampoo, soap, wash clothes, pads, tooth paste, toothbrush, makeup, perfume, babies homecoming outfit. Obviously if you breast feed no pacis, no bottles. Breast pads, Ipod or cd player, pillows, your own blanket. Dont forget your ID, money and any other legal papers you might need who knows. Cell phone so you dont use the hospital phone and get charged. If your cloth diapering, bring alot of cloth diapers and covers oh and a hair brush for your self, flat iron, blow dryer if you use one and hair products
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I meant wash cloths* LOL
    Anonymous

• Your own undies...just a little larger. LOL I was soo uncomfortable in the ones that the hospital gives you.. they were HUGE on me, and I was constantly worried that they would fall right off if I stood up.
    I've never read this as a suggestion on here before, BUT if I ever have another baby I will be bringing one of those circular pillows with the center cut out, or one of those inflatable ones. It was horrible for me to sit after delivery. I was told that back in the day they used to give those inflatable things for you to sit on to take the pressure off your area..but apparently not any more.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2009