Do you still go out with friends or even have friends?

I have absolutely no friends anymore. Not one person that I can call a friend. I have family, but none that I am really close to. And I have my mom but she only talks to me when she wants to, and anything I would like to talk to doesnt seem important. Im feeling very lonely and have high anxiety because I have no one or anything to vent to. Im on thevere of feeling like I want to die

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Yea I still have friends and I still go out here in there, but my kids come 1st. I am sorry to hear that you feel like this =/
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes, but they have evolved from friends that i went to school with to those i worked with to those that are moms of my kids friends. We go out every couple weeks or so for supper together. Used to go to the playground as a group when our kids were little, our kids for the most part have aged out of that.
    I don't know how old your kids are, but I would encourage you to join a mom's group - MOPS is one for moms of preschoolers, or join a LittleGym class with your kids to meet other moms with little ones, visit your local library for storytime where you can meet other moms. Or if your kids are older, join an aerobics class or find a class at the local community college that interests you.
    I went through a period where I had no friends either, it's hard and you have to work at it.

Answer by missanc at 8:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It's been a year since I've had friends. I know how you mean. Even then, the good ones I could count on were few and far between. I'm kind of in the same boat with you! And yes, it does suck. On top of that, I'm a SAHM, and 45mins from any kind of recreational groups.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• matobe..... we have like the exact same situation. I am about 30 minutes away from anything, and do you think the people I DO talk to would ever come and see me? HA yeah right, they expect me to come to then. I have no had one friend visit my house in over a year. And with that I mean, no baby shower, no birthday parties, no get togethers, never just because. NOTHING
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You have to make the effort to make new friends. I meet lots of great moms at our local church, though I have to admit I am not the best about getting together with them as often as I should.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I dont have one friend. I consider my husband my best friend and if I need to talk to someone about my problems I talk to my mom.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009