verry personal.... but I want to know.

OK I have to ask. anal sex? I finally let my husband try it on me and it hurt sooo bad. he loved it though I guess its because its tighter. my friend says that if I do it more often then it wouldn't hurt that much and it would start feeling good. she also recommended some positions to make it easier. but I am terrified that it may cause problems down the rode with my bowels. any advice would be appreciated.

** no rude comments please** I came here for advice not to be bashed so please if you don't like what I wrote you really don't need to comment on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Lots of lube, slow and easy, doggie style after a couple of drinks is what works for me. You have to have trust in your partner and he needs to listen. If you say stop there is no questions asked, he stops. We have been having anal sex for years and no bowel issues. It is tender tissues. You need to take care that anal sex isn't 'rough sex' Never go from anus to vagina without thoroughly washing. A condom for him is ulimately safer but lots of guys won't use them. Don not assume you can't get pregnant from just anal sex. If no condom is used and semen runs from your anus to your vagina it can and has happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't know, I've never liked it although I've never let it go all the way and it's not a regular thing for me. I think that a little outside stimulation there is okay, but going all the way in is not something that I could get used to.

My only advice is that you should not do it unless you are 100% comfortable with it. Down the road it could lead to hemorrhoids. That's all I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I've tried it and it hurts me to. I doubt that it will cause problems later on down the road but your friend is right if you do it often it will hurt less and be more enjoyable.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It won't cause problems down the road. Make sure you always use lots of lube and if it hurts, stop. It may be uncomfortable the first few times, but you want to be really careful you don't tear. You get used to the sensation of it being uncomfortable and can start to relax and enjoy it. I have had anal sex on and off for several years and there are no problems - think of all the homosexual men out there!

Answer by missanc at 8:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i let him finger me there a few times, then i let him do it for real. it's better if you get used to it before sticking something big in there. use lots of lube too. and don't let him jam it in there all fast.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I would stop. If you like the behind thing, he can go into you (vaginally) from the back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have tried it many many times, and personally, I like it most of the time. It's never caused problems for me, if anything it loosens you up a little, and it DOES hurt at first, and maybe even the first few times, but if you DO want to try it again, for ME personally the best position to START in is if you are laying flat on your stomach, and just relax as best you can, and once the flow is started you can move to other positions..but for some people, it's never enjoyable, so its just up to you...good luck and dont do anything you dont really want to do..you'll only resent it later :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• yes it can cause problems unless you think crapping yourself when you think it's a fart is ok. Advice: wear a pad afterward especially if you go out in public.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I've tried several times over the last several years and I still can't get past go.. no amount of lube has helped me. I think we're all made different, or maybe it's a fear, or even a hibition thing that makes it more painful, I don't know but I do know one lady who had to have surgery because her husband was too rough with her and I do believe it CAN, not always will, cause hemmoroidal issues and possibly loosen the bowel track so that the muscles won't hold as well and accidents could happen. I've heard that you need to do an enimal before you attempt anal sex so that it's more comfortable and sanitary (never go from anal to vaginal because it can cause dangerous infection).
    If you want to try it a few more times to see if it works, then by all means, try and if you're worried about possible problems, google it or ask your doctor for factual information.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My dh and I started trying a few months back. My feelings about it go back and forth. Sometimes it can be rather enjoyable other times I just feel like I'm shitting all over the place! It took him 10 years to have the balls to even bring up the conversation. So, I figured I would at least let him try a few times before I say NO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Aug. 7, 2009