Im getting ready to register....i definetly want diapers but hear that the swaddlers are good but then I hear huggies too? What diapers are the best ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My fav was luvs or pampers but lovs was my number one choice...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• swaddlers!!!! I have tried huggies, and they are okay...but the swaddlers are MUCH softer!!! NEVER EVER even bother with LUVS....Pampers rock- they are just softer and hold up better- you change new babies tons- but swaddlers are what they use in the hospital NICU :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I used Pampers. I tried different brands and they made my son's entire diaper area red. I would say stick with Pampers for the early months when their skin is so sensitive. Even Huggies turned my baby red!

Another suggestion is to get a small package of a few different brands so that you can find out if your baby is as sensitive as mine was. Pampers are more expensive, but I wasted a ton of money on cheaper diapers that made my son more uncomfortable.

I did not try Luvs but have heard that they are also good...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• When they are newborns stick with Pampers swaddlers. They are so soft and not harsh on babies skin. When baby gets a little older switch to Target Up & Up brand. They are almost exactly the same as pampers. My son has been in them for 3 weeks with no leaks. They are great.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 8:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I really liked the Swaddlers, but switched to Huggies when my daughter was about 3-4 months old. The huggies fit her better and didn't leak at all. I got a small package of a couple different brands of diapers in size 1 and 2 and tried them all before deciding. Good luck!
    wikem81

Answer by wikem81 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My son was in Swaddlers until size... 3, i believe.
    They were SO wonderful - extremely soft like cloth diapers. He started off on them when he was in the NICU - with preemie diapers.
    We're on Huggies now.
    But I definitely recommend Swaddlers. Hands down.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have 3 kids and i used the Swaddlers with all 3 ot them. I especially loved how much they felt like cloth. Plus they come in size 1-2 so they can be used for a longer period of time. I also agree with Wikem81 about trying different diapers to see wich ones you personally like.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I tried both pampers swaddlers and huggies....I love pampers so much better. They are softer and held it all in better than the huggies.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You have to try them out and see what you like. I think they are all almost the same but it depends on the caregiver's preference. We use huggies natural fit but I have used pampers, parent value, luvs, etc. and they all worked pretty well
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I was so ready to buy the cheap diapers.. the ones you get at wal-mart (parent's choice) until I tried the swaddlers. They gave them to us at the hospital and once I ran out I started using the parent's choice and i'm not saying theres anything wrong with them.. but compared to the swaddlers they are hard..if that makes sense. lol. I ONLY buy the swaddlers now. They are soo soft. They hold everything in, also. I tried Huggies, because I got them as a sample in the mail..and they didn't hold as well as Pampers.. for my daughter anyway.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009