parenting enjoyment?

Do you (or have you ever) found that while you love your kids you do not enjoy being a mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think there are times in every mom's life that we don't enjoy being a mother. When your baby doesn't sleep, or your toddler hits the "terrible two's", your school age child doesn't want to do homework, then there are the teen years. But it helps if you do a couple of things, take a mommy time out, it is O.K. to get help from daddy or grandma or even the neighbor, so you can go to lunch with a friend, preferably someplace that the meals don't come in boxes with a prize in them. Second, focus on the good things about your kids, how cute your baby is, the way your toddler cuddles with you, crayon drawings on the fridge, the person that teen is becoming. And remember this too will pass. They do grow up. Then you get to be grandma, spoiling grandbabies and sending them home (evil laugh!)
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I absolutely love being a mother. I am a SAHM and I would not change it for anything. I love that I am able to stay home with my boys all day long and be their mommy and have fun with them. We go to the park, cuddle and watch movies (on rainy days), and have picnics in the living room. I love it!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 8:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• This question was asked yesterday. I enjoy being a mother, I don't enjoy being a sahm. When I go back to school on september 23rd I will be so happy.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I didn't know it was asked yesterday. I've never been in this section before. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I love being a mother. We all get tired and overworked and have our "why do I bother" days and that is ok. At the end of the night though when you get the goodnight hug and kiss you realize everything you went through that day was well worth it. Every part of parenting is not fun but before you know it ....you blink and they are all grown up.
    Pick your battles, hug your kids, and when you don't know what else to do ...... just force out a smile.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• And pookipoo, I just looked around in this section. This question wasn't, what WAS asked was "Do you ever wish you could start all over?" There's a difference but thanks for responding either way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I love being a mom, but there are days where I wish I had a remote control for each kid,lol. I think pretty much everyone feels that way sometimes. Like if we have a really busy day or if a kid or 2 is crankier than usual I feel like crawling back under my comforter. In the end though, when I get the I love yous and hugs for bed time it's worth it.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• No no someone did ask something like 'i don't like being a mom' but maybe it was the doing it over one, I answer so many questions :] sorry I wasn't trying to be rude when I said that, I just thought maybe you didn't know
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It's ok. Just clearly not an "enjoyable moment" for me. LOL! =)

• pookipoo ...sorry I wasn't trying to be rude when I said that, I just thought maybe you didn't know

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009