What would you do if your DH or SO did this to your 1 yr old?

My dd woke up in the morning, her crib was soaked because her diaper leaked. he changed her diaper, but her sheets were still soaked... he took off her onesie, threw some toys into the crib and went back to sleep. I woke up to her screaming and went in there to find her clammy from the pee on her sheet and her skin cold, and she smelled. What would you have said to your DH or SO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is too many good answers so I am picking my own
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• was he drunk? the least he could have done was wake YOU up.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• What the hell is your problem? That's just being lazy and selfish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• if your not gonna do the job all the way dont bother at all. that couldve caused a rash all over her body, or better let next she leaks you take the sheets n lay them all over him while he sleeps so he can know what it feels like n you go sleep on the sofa that night so you dont stink in the moring,
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Nope, he wasnt drunk! And this was at 8:00 in the morning, he went to bed at 9:00 the night before. So he had PLENTY of sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• men do half ass jobs when it comes to kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• that's awful! i would have hit him in the head with a skillet!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree with annon. Most men do half ass jobs when it comes to kids. I find i have to tell my DH exactly what to do almost word for word with my boys in order for him to listen. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'd probably give him a pretty hard time about it. I don't like making him feel like a jerk, but if he did something that lazy I'd be pretty upset, especially if it were a matter of our son's health. If DH was sick or over worked or something I'd probably cut him some slack, but if he had a full night's sleep (like you said) I'd be pretty upset about it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'd roast him alive.

I'll share a tip, though. Put a mattress pad and a sheet on the mattress. Then another set. Then another. Do as many layers as you have sheet/pad combinations. Then in these instances, all you have to do is pull off the wet layers and you magically have a pre-made bed ready to go underneath.

Oh, and hit your husband in the head with a skillet.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 9:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009