for sahms

does your SO tell you what you do everyday is easy. that he wished he could stay home and watch the baby and clean him and wash cloths and do dishes and cook everynight.... etc. bc we have it so easy. how do you get him to realize our lives is a 24hr job not just an 8hr a day job that we have it alot harder then he thinks.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 8:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YESSSS!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG Are you married to MY HUSBAND????

I swear, we just had this convo last night!!!! He said "I wish you could go to work and do my job and I could be the one to sit at home all day!" You know what I said? "haha, let's do it! You'll be begging for your job back in no time at all!"

Ah, men they're hilarious...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• No. I am very lucky and I have a very understanding and loving husband. He is fully aware that what I do isn't easy. I don't think I'd still be doing it if he weren't so supportive.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Nope he knows all about it. The one time he complained I left everything where it was one day. Wet diapers on the floor, cheetoes in the carpet, torn paper and toys everywhere and a big pile of laundry. Hasn't happened since.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• great idea i think i am just gonna stop doing everything except take care of the baby so he can really see what i do/
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• no, i am very lucky too. we have been parents for almost 14 years and have 5 kid's, so he def get's it!!
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My husband wishes we could trade places once in awhile, but on his days off when I ask him for help he gets confused and tired real easy so I know he wouldn't make it...lol. I know he loves his job and just gets stressed out sometimes. He doesn't really want to stay at home - he would become extremely bored even with a lot to do. He's the type of person who is on the go and likes to have something different and demanding to do everyday. That's why he loves his job.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'd do what 2autisticsmom did if DH ever complained!

not that he would, he really respects me, and KNOWS I work just as hard at everything else I do that THIS job would be the last to flounder.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Nope, my DH was never really like that... and now the little iota he used to complain is no more.
    He was a SAHD for a month or so, and after that... lol. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• no.....he knows all too well what it's like!.....even knows and understands why sometimes things don't get done!!!!.....lol....i think we both agree that we really couldn't do the other one's job!.....lol
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 9:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Absolutely not. However when I do happen to have a lazy day (like I don't get the kitchen cleaned during nap times) and he sees me laying on the couch or reading he'll tease me about it. But on the off chance that I go to the grocery store and leave ALL the kids home with him (3 yo, 2 yo, and 3 month old) he quickly remembers how demanding my work is...not necessarily hard, but incredibly demanding. He respects me as SAHM and I love that!
    tennisgal

Answer by tennisgal at 9:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009