Is it just me or are moms on here insensitive?

I asked a question about needing some emotional support and basically was told I am wrong for wanting so. Does it not seem like if its not their situation then they dont give a rats ass about it? I have honestly seen more and more of this as I have gotten older. Seems like people only care about themselves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I believe so OP! I get called a childish bad mother because Im young, but I feel WAY more mature than some of the women on here because I can be nice and supportive instead of insensitive and obnoxious! I dont believe that some of these women are moms at all. I think they are men, or lonely women who enjoy hurting others feelings to make themselves feel better! Sorry that they were rude to you! Others can show you what cafemom is really about, not them! Send me a friend invite! I will be nice to you!

love you sign

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 9:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• if you truly want affection its so much easier to get it from someone who is face to face with you and can see your pain and hear the tone of your voice.

on here it's just words, there's so many ways to decipher them it's silly
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I understand that 100%. But its not even so much the tone that matters, its the words. Even if you said what they said to me in a nice tone, I think it would still really hurt my feelings and leave me wondering why no one can understand me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm not easily offended, but that post on the pop questions about old moms using child harnesses because they have no energy offended me, and I'm not even an old mom, I'm 21!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I try to be helpful, especially when I can tell a person is upset. I'm sorry you encountered thoughtless people. That stinks. I've been on the receiving end of that. I posted a question about a situation with a family member that I was upset about and I got a lot of people telling me to "get over it" and it really made me angry. I wonder how many of them were victims of such nastiness and are just lashing out back at everyone else?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm new to cafe mom. I can't believe someone would be insensitive. I thought this was a place to help and make friends for moms. At least that is what I was hoping for. I had post partum anxiety and I needed and received help. I think we all can use a little help from time to time.
    RachelElla

Answer by RachelElla at 9:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Because honestly, some people get sick of seeing the same freakin questions day in and day out.. About their SO cheating, am I pregnant, etc... Use your head.
    And OP if you're the one who asked the question about your SO being insensitive and are you asking too much...YES, you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• banging head into wallThere goes an insensitive one right there

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• So anon 9:20... You wouldnt be upset if you had no idea where your life was headed? Or you wanted to talk to your SO about where he wanted the two of you to go in life and he could care less? Seems to me like you dont care much about yourself or what happens to you. Sorry but I want more for myself out of life then waiting to see whats going to happen next when it could possibly be nothing and I could be doing the same thing 10 years from now. You speak awfully bold behind that anon button...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It's not "moms on here" so much as a lot of moms in this section. Maybe find a good group to chat in or stick to friends you have. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009