How to get my child to not wake up in the middle of the night?

My 2 1/2 year old wakes up every night at like 2 and will come in my bed i sometime don't even know he is there and will crawl into bed with me and my husband. He goes to the middle of our bed and he know not touch us b/c i will put him back in his bed. So i am up for some advice. The only problem is my youngest daughter is right across from him so putting a gate up would not work and i will not lock my kid in his room. thanks

superm04

Asked by superm04 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal for a child this age to wake. You are very very very lucky he doesn't wake you.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Try not to let him take naps in the day. But I don't really know if that will help. My four year old will be five in november and he still sneaks in my bed...on the other hand, my three year old stay in his room until morning.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009