How can I administer a Prevacid soluable tablet to my 3 month old?

My 3 month old has been prescribed Prevacid for her acid reflux. She is supposed to take 1/2 of a soluable tablet each morning. What is the best way to administer a soluble tablet to a 3 month old. I am scared if I just put it in her mouth she will choke on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you allowed to crush it to dissolve it in her formula or breast milk? Then either spoon or put it in a dropper or in a bottle? The more liquid with it, the less she'll taste it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• possibly crush it and put it under her tongue?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Call the doctor who prescribed it and ask.

It will dissolve before she will choke on it anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My son took prevacid from when he was 2months to 1 year. I always put it in his formula and gave him his bottle.
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 9:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I dissolved the table in a 1/2 tsp of water and gave it to my son in a syringe. If you put it into a bottle you are not sure if she is getting the full dose.
    happymomma1995

Answer by happymomma1995 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2009