i love him so much and i dont want to leave him but.....

he cheated on me he told me he did after i talked to the chick
im pissed but i really love him with all my heart idk if i could ever leave him
i know everyone is gonna say leave but im thinking maybe we can work it out
i know im stupid but i honstly need some advice and someone to help me feel better
plz

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know what I would do if I were in that situation because I love my SO very much too. It's easier said than done to just leave, especially if you have a child together.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'd say get into counseling together and try to work through it because you do have the love for one another, although he made an awful mistake. Have you seen the movie Fireproof?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I dont believe once a cheater always a cheater but theres obviously something missing in your relationship. He didnt even tell you up front. If you dont want to leave him then maybe you just need to accept the fact that he's sleeping with other people.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i can only tell you what happened to me. my dear husband before we were married cheated on me with my best friend. it took a while to get passed the betrial but i gave him one more chance and we just recently celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. we didn't get married right away. i stayed engaged to him for 2 years. and what he did is in the past though i have not forgotten it, the pain is gone. remember it was not your fault. and it is only up to you if you want to try to save it or not. just don't put yourself in a position that will hurt you in the long run, even if that mean leaving him

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Dont be a doormat. I dont understand why women say but I love him..... I know he wouldnt do it again he said he was so sorry.....Please if he was truly sorry he wouldnt have made the choice to be with another woman and not gave a care if he was being faithful to you. I say go find someone who will treat you with the respect you deserve.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I love him so much but......BLA bla bla...

If you loved yourself and respected yourself you would not stay with a man
    who can have sex with another woman...

I am happy for those moms who can say that they worked it out after there dear husband cheated...
    how many times are you going to keep checking and looking and wondering if he is being faithful..

Get a back bone and better yourself because I would bet that the chances of him doing it again are pretty high...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm going through the same thing. He says he loves me not her, but I refuse to be with a man who does not respect me. He has to learn and re-earn my respect and trust and that's not going to happen over night. Most likely if you accept him back just because you love him, he's going to think well, if she catches me again she'll most likely take me back. Hell no, let him suffer. Let him sit there and think about it and feel the same pain you feel. obviously he wasn't too sorry b/c he was not the one who told you, you found out from the mistress. He's not sorry he did it he's sorry he got caught. You have to make him sorry he did it. You have to love yourself before you love anyone else and by staying w/ him and accepting what he did you aren't showing yourself the love you deserve.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• let me tell you my husband did the same to me before we were married , he cheated with this Fu-UGLY Whore...she was always after him ...not an excuse/for him or any man... but I  forgave him, but is really hard to forget ,especially when he's this jealous freak-and gets totally p/o when i talk to anyone from the opp/sex -in church!  or anywhere i go, I did remind him of that past experience b/c he pissed me off so bad one time ,but unfortunately I ended up feeling more hurt b/c it opened up a very old wound,So I suggest that you think things hard and don't make a fool out of your self,staying with some one that isn't worth it

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• if it's something you can deal with then why would you leave? I won't leave SO and he chases women like he's a horn dog. He made it clear to me that if I am going to hang with him then I have to accept him as he is. I do. That is my choice. Now it's your turn to decide what's right for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009