vaginally problem after child birth

I gave birth vaginally a week ago, and i have been wearing a pad for 8 days. now my clit is all red swollen does anyone know what it could be? should i be worried?

3Morgan3

Asked by 3Morgan3 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No need to worry...Sometimes from what I was told the pressure from delivery makes them swell...If it is bothers you call your doctor other wise put an ice pack on it and it should take the swelling down. My doc in my home town warned me of this.
    KeepOnWalking

Answer by KeepOnWalking at 9:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The pressure from delivery can make everything down there swell for a while after. It's nothing to worry about. It will go down. If you have burning or something like that, then check it out. But it sounds like normal swelling to me. Hang in there-it's one of the very glamorous effects after childbirth :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 9:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Everything down there is going to be swollen and irritated for awhile. The hospital gave me Tucks medicated pads (pads that has witchhazel) The had me layer the diaper sized pad over my underwear and three of the tucks pads on top of that going from front to back.. try something like that. I wouldn't be too worried unless there is a bad odor or funky discharge. Remember, it does take around 6 weeks for everything down there to heal so don't be too surprised that there is still swelling after only a week. Hang in there :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think you should see a doctor i dont think it is something for you to worried about maybe the fabric you wearing on might do that and take a lot of orange juice and berry juices
    CLAUDIAGEMINI69

Answer by CLAUDIAGEMINI69 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You can allway go and get something for it with my frist kid i was like that. But like that one said if you start to brun really bad or a ordor comes from thier see a doc.
    lizzy0891

Answer by lizzy0891 at 1:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2009