Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some financial aid programs that I can apply for without paying them back?

I am going back to school in the spring and I want to get all the financial help I can. I am going for LPN and its 3 semesters...

Answer Question

Asked by nakoal87 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in

Level 9 (273 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Go to thats what I use.

    Answer by my2loves0607 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • You can also search for state scholarships. You can be awarded the amount of $500 or more depending on your state.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • rkoloms

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • Grants and scholarships are the only financial aid that you will not be required to pay back. Depending on your age, you might qualify for a Pell grant. There is also a work study, which is where you work, your pay is subsidized by the government, and you earn it while you go.

    Good luck!

    Answer by Busimommi at 10:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • Fill out a FASFA that will give you some things. Go for a Pell Grant and see what grants your state offers. Go to your finical aid office too. There are SOO many scholarships for the most random things. I had 100% tuition paid because my dad was in the military.

    Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
i still haven't had supper! HELP!!!