I'm overwhelmed with Cafe mom.

I'm really not sure how this all works. I joined a few groups but it doesn't seem like I really fit into them. I'm 33, mom of a 8 month old and I work full time. How do I navigate this site to help me find friends?

RachelElla

Asked by RachelElla at 9:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I know what you are saying... I felt the same way at first. Signed up over a year ago and then just never came back on!! I thought I'd give it another try a few weeks ago and now I have found a few people to connect to. I did the key word search thing, found a few groups I liked with out the drama. then I kept looking at profiles of ppl who views I shared and read their profiles. If we had things in common I friend request them. It's been much better now!! Good luck, you'll find your way soon!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Try to search for keywords in groups like working mom, moms in their 30's or whatever else you think you would fit into.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You can go to the groups and put in your interests and it will bring up some groups that might be good for you.

I can't stand the drama stuff and it has taken me a while to find the right groups. You can join and leave a group at anytime if you don't like it. Hope you love it as much as I do!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Ditto Cindy18. I have joined many many groups over the years. And then left many!! Hang out in the group for a little while and if it doesn't fit - leave! Another thing I have found, when I like a person's response in a group, I go check out there page. If I like what I see and we seem similar, I see what groups they are in. I have joined many groups because of friends. Eventually you will get to know ladies on here! It's a lot of fun. Enjoy!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yeah, that was me...I was almost ready to leave the site....then I left the newcomers club....my headaches went away! lol I know there are probably a lot of ladies that like it....but I got to where I was calling it the "bitch and whine" club.

I agree, try using the key word thing for things you're interested in, or your general life situation. For me? I actually found two groups that I didnt' think I would find....one is for women that are married to younger men. The other is for women who may or may not have kids of their own..but are involved or married to a man with kids already. I'm also in a group of ladies that live in my area....maybe use the key words of your town and state...just see what comes up.

It's sort of like when you're bored and you just google stuff. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You can use the search moms feature and narrow it down by childs age or moms age, and even zip code!
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009