Patients United Now..just like you and me or CORPORATE FUNDED?

After orchestrating and funding the so-called Tea Parties movement, Americans for Prosperity — a nationwide front group founded and funded by the right-wing polluter Koch Industries — is launching an ad campaign characterizing President Obama’s effort to reform the health care system as a government take-over that will ration care and care and deny treatments.

Americans for Prosperity is notorious for its fake grassroots efforts, funneling millions of dollars into conservative campaigns designed to undermine Democratic initiatives. As Lee Fang put it, “AFP is a professional AstroTurf machine”:

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2009/05/27/pun/

as you republicans will always say....FOLLOW THE MONEY!!

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• and follow their leader...
    The “Hot Air Tour” promoting global warming skepticism and attacking environmental regulations.
    – “Free Our Energy,” a group promoting increased domestic drilling.
    – The “Save My Ballot Tour,” a group that pays Joe the Plumber to travel around the country smearing the Employee Free Choice Act.
    – “No Climate Tax,” a group dedicated to the defeat of Clean Energy Economy legislation.
    – “No Stimulus,” a group launched to try to stop the passage of the Recovery Act.

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2009/05/29/afp-timphillips-astroturf/
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Wow, I must have missed my check. I see the mailman everyday when he comes to pickup the packages we ship. Oh wait, you mean I am getting paid for my part in the tea parties. When? How much??

That is ridiculous. Our local tea party movement was started by a MOM. A lady I actually know. She also runs a small business that is being taxed into the poor house. Not a single one of us that volunteers for the group is part of the junk you are trying to attach us too.

The tea parties aren't going on so as you libs like to say GET OVER IT...AND ...MOVE ON....
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• yourspec...While there were some started by grassroots..there were MORE that were not...Tim Phillips does this for a living...FOLLOW THE MONEY
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Sweet and likely it happens on both sides to a degree at least BUT to try and discredit ALL is BS.You so badly want to believe that there really are not alot of Americans who do not agree with what this admin is doing but you are wrong just accept it.What is so difficult to understand? You honestly think the majority of this country will sit back and allow all this to be shoved down our throats?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Follow the money of ACORN sweet.!!!!!   Till then, I know where the Tea Party I am a part of was started. The LIBERTARIAN Party. We have Dems and Republicans in our Tea Party.. In fact as a joke to the last Liber-TEA event, some dems wore Blue Tea-Bag t shirts (Blue Dog reference)...  SO, follow the money of ACORN before you go spewing to discredit ALL TEA PARTIES. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

I do know there are Americans against it,, I also know that many are believing lie such as Obama's trying to kill old people!! Thats stupid and ridiculoys..and most of the protestors are on MEDICARE..GOVT RUN

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2009