Ok, so stuck on the supper subject... I'm tired of our menu!

DH loves anything on the grill, and tacos and fajitas and spaghetti.

Our typical menu of hamburgers, brats, pork chops, grilled chicken, bacon-wrapped sirloins, bacon-wrapped and marinated chicken breasts and steak is getting a little old. It's day-to-day-to-day... and I need a couple ideas. He's not really that into casseroles, and doesn't like broccoli or spinach.

Any other ideas? I've done stirfry and eggrolls, but I'm about out of ideas, and I don't have a cook book!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 9:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like to do baked breaded chicken breasts, they're my stand by and while they're yummy they are getting old too! I like your menu! Wanna swap?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Meatloaf?
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Do you like spanish dishes ? I can give you a few if you'd like *and it aint tacos or fajitas.. lol*
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• let's swap! yes!!!

we've tried meatloaf... he really doesn't like the fact that I cook it with brown sugar on top!

He was raised on Spaghettios, frozen dinners, and macaroni and cheese.

His Gma is the "cook" of the family, and she just dumps a bottle of ketchup on top... that's the only way he'll eat it, but I can't stand the smell of baking ketchup!!! ACK!!!

I'm interested to try some spanish dishes, for sure, he LOVES that Chili Verde... but I can't quite bring myself to try it being GREEN and all...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Mix meatloaf with salsa, eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt n pepper. Once it's cooked thru, top it with muenster cheese and ketchup on the top, put back in the oven for about 7 minutes until cheese is melted and brown. The meatloaf is so moist and good, with the right kick, you'll wish it wasnt so filling so you can have another piece. I'm making that tomorrow
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have a recipe for a great enchilada sauce that is green, but it is soooo yummy!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• lets see it!

I always make my beef roast with a package of Lipton's onion soup. It makes a great gravy if you add a little cornstarch or flour and salt n pepper!

Oh... and homemade BBQ... Gma's secret recipe, she went to the grave without sharing it, and we didn't find it until 2 years after her death when I was reading one of her 50,000,000,000,000 books... was on a small slip of paper, hidden in there, after we donated all but about 30 to the library!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• you should try meatloaf with cream of mushroom soup on top very yummy
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• that sounds really good, treynlisa!

I love cream of mushroom!

oh, and cream of celery!

Sometimes i'll throw in a can of milk and nuke it for a few mins and have it for lunch with a tomato sandwich!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Try taking boneless chicken breast, slicing them in half and putting a mixture of cheeses in the center then wrapping turkey bacon around them and grilling them. Its sooo good!

Do kebobs. We do these a lot and the kids love them. You can do lots of different kinds. We don't eat a lot of beef so we do cubes of chicken, bell peppers, carrots, pineapple and cherry tomatoes and use either soy sauce or teryaki sauce on them and grill. We've done steak, small potatoes, cherry tomatoes and another veggie on kebobs before.

Hamburgers can be spiced up lots of ways too. I do ground meat mixed with spinach and feta and grill them as usual. They're great. You can do lots of things. Be creative!

Fish is an easy and yummy thing to grill.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009