Make up foundation suggestions for over 40

I'm almost 42, I tend to have oily skin but also now have some slight wrinkles and huge pores around my nose and now little spider looking veins in my chin and around the crease in my nose... I'm getting real tired of trying different make-ups only to be disappointed. I have very fair skin and freckles so I'm looking for something with good coverage that hopefully comes in a matte finish so I don't look all shiny.. all that without looking like I was made up by a mortician... (I'm picky) any suggestions?

mars33me

Asked by mars33me at 10:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I've tried L'oreal Bare Naturale mineral powder, didn't like it, I've tried CG TruBlend and Avon's Magix Tinted face perfector (that one was totally useless)... with no luck on any of these...
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 10:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Hi there, if you are able to stretch to the cost, Estee Lauder's Double wear foundation is fantastic, and actually lasts a looong time. I started using it on my wedding day as i too have oily skin, it was great, and i have a few blemishes due to teen acne and it covers flawlessly.
    Also my mother in law who is i think 44, though we'll never know..ha, uses it too and will NOT use anything else.
    Along with their range of moisturizers (there's a lovely cucumber smelling one for the day time) it'll close your pores and leave you looking beautiful.
    Hope i was some help.
    Kate x
    Texanairforce1

Answer by Texanairforce1 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree with the PP. Estee Lauder is the best when you have oily skin!! It is on the expensive side but totaly worth it. Go to your macys and have the ladies at the estee lauder counter try it out on you! good luck!
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 11:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The Anew Age Transforming foundation is very popular for yours needs. I love the concealer! The magix tinted face perfector is actually not supposed to be used as a foundation. Its used under makeup or if you don't wear makeup and need a little oomph kind of like a tinted moisturizer! I actually use the Magix orginial and love it. It helps me look less shiny and makes your pores seem smaller. You can try the Anew foundation at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Mineral foundation is the best There is a woman on here i believe her nameis Laurieanne42 That makes her own and sales it it's called Mineralface FX You can check out her website or message her She has some good stuff.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 3:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2009