Why is there so much hate when it comes to politics?

Why does it always come down to name calling when it comes to Politics on here? I have never seen people in real life become so rude when they disagree with others on Politics.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 10:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why don't you tell me? I was just attacked for being married to a black man, called a Liberal loon and told I should drown myself with kool aid.....That ain't the left baby...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am sorry that the ones that are supposed to be grown women would say such things to you. But I have seen this come from both sides, how sad!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

While I do agree with you that it is on both sides, on here I have seen most from the right...maybe thats because I am on the receiving end...expressing a different pov gets you called every name in the book and accusations of being a kool-aid drinker...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Probably why there is that saying that politics is one of the subjects that people just shouldn't talk about. People in real life are much worse. It's understandable why politics brings on so much hatred but you have to figure this is cafemom and women start bashing each other for stupid things like not breastfeeding and using disposable diapers. It's actually a breath of fresh air to see people debate something that is worth being debated.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Legalmommy I have to say I have never met people in real life that are much worse then those that spew such horrible name calling on Cafemom. The people I know in real life are more respectful then I have seen on here.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• sweet, when I initially read the whole string of your post ..ending with drowning yourself in koolaid I had to laugh. However, the part about your hubby was not funny at all. Our spouses and our kids should be off limits. I know how it feels, I have had my special needs child bashed on here before and that is so not cool.

OP, I think the anonymity makes us a little more open/vicious than we would be if across the table from each other. Although I will say, I have had some things said to me that make me want to smack some face. I was called a racist c#nt one time because I disagreed with one of Obama's policies. That is just nasty.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• That aint from the left baby? Who was it sweet? I saw "anon" so who the hell knows who or what it was? When they post using their name like they should and it is a deffinite repub or conservative that will be quite different.Irregardless whoever it was it was wrong.

I don't even want to get into it much ron.I will only say when I am talked down to in a condescending way as if I am unintelligent.Or called a racist,illiterate redneck hillbilly etc.I bite back and I do it with my name.I own what I say and always have.I share my POV and if someone doesn't like it ohwell
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• There is hate because there are some people who believe that the right to life liberty and property are null and void and there are others who are pissed as hell that people would take that away from them.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 10:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Because there's little to no tolerance here. It's a my-way-or-the-highway mentality here. No seeing the other side. It's Pubs vs. Libs. It sucks.

goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 11:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Thank you to the OP. I have never in my life witnessed wmn write or say the things that I have seen on this forum. PPl claiming to be Christians, cursing and name/finger pointing. Words twisted and hate spewed. Adults acting like tantruming 2 year olds, why? Angry at the admin-calling the Pres. "YOUR" President yet in the next sentence stating their love of country. Insane!

It borders on sickness. Do ppl really think that the world is slated to end because of decisions made? I've seen the words "grow up" a few times, and I ponder who THEY think they are addressing given the attitudes they disclose in their written words.
    It's a full on personal attack if you voice a differing oipinion. They are right you, are wrong.

They are internet bullies-this behavior would never be done in public by any sane adult.

Christians-wow-they wonder why ppl are turned off?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009