is living in utah cheaper than living in california?

me and my boyfriend and baby want to move to utah for fianancial reasons...
is it reaaly cheap out there
how much is rent for two bedrrom apartment?

021409

Asked by 021409 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Travel

• It really just depends on if you live closer to a main city or further away. I live about 20 minutes from Salt Lake City and a 2 bedroom apartment right now would be about $700 to $800 a month. I am sure you could find a cheaper one in a rougher area. Go to www.ksl.com and search the adds there. Good Luck!!!
    kelliebean04

Answer by kelliebean04 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Make sure you research everything! Yes, the cost of living is cheaper. But wages are also a bit lower. Not by much, to be sure...the minimum wage is just 75 cents an hour less.

Check out a cost of living calculator so you know what to expect. And research average pay for jobs there.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2009