May I Offer A Deal?

I'm offering the libs a deal if my fellow conservatives agree to this. We will listen to the program of your choosing for six weeks if you will listen to Rush or watch a show on Fox News for six weeks. After that we discuss the results. Will anyone take me up on that?

miriamz

Asked by miriamz at 10:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's tough! I guess I would want to hear from people that were actually there, see some video, read some transcripts if available. Get as close as you can to actually being there. I never said it would be easy!

You are right it's not easy. Sometimes, it is darn near impossible to get to the real stuff. Sometimes journalists have access to stuff that we don't. I'm willing to give it a whirl though. I can't do much the next couple of weeks though. We are leaving for a camping trip tomorrow and my internet service will be iffy for a week and then it is a week of getting ready for back to school.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Errr miriamz, I'm a fellow conservative, and I agree with most of what Rush says--in theory. I can read the transcripts of his speeches, and agree. However I can't stand to listen to him! His voice grates like fingernails on a chalkboard, and I wouldn't sentence a fellow human being to HAVE to listen to him for 6 weeks, not even liberals!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I watch Fox News and Keith Olberman. Rush is too much of a gas bag.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I know, instead of listening to someone's version of the news, lets agree to seeking only unbiased news with no commentary, only relying on original sources and disregarding spin from both sides, I will readily agree to that!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Ok unbiased sources are good but who determines what is unbiased. The AP and Reuters have agendas.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 11:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Stacymomof2...the problem is that both sides see their news provider of choice as being unbiased. I think for people to see that, they really need to watch a little of both to get both sides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• How about Real Clear Politics?
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 11:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am saying original sources! In other words, you hear about something and research it yourself. Cspan, transcripts, actually paying attention to what happens rather than what people are saying. It is a lot of work, but we could do it on one issue at least, right?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• How about Real Clear Politics?
    ______________________
    They are pretty good, I think. But if someone makes an assertion, you have to research it by going to the source itself. Like if they quote someone, you have to read the whole transcript and then draw your own conclusion without having someone explain it to you.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

Ok, so WHO might be the unbaised source in the current Tampa Bay Protestors Issue?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009