is it a bad idea to try for another baby ....

our son is 6 1/2 months and we have decided to start trying in a year when he will be 1 1/2 and then it takes 9 months to have the baby.

we both are excited to try in a year and cannot wait!!

is that too close in age though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• if that is too close in age im screwed. My dd will be one in a half when her younger sibling arrives. I dont see why it woulld be too close in age though.
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes, perhaps 2-3 years is better as they describe children who are this distance apart as having the only child experience meaning they are able to be the baby and have the attention that they crave. It is called child spacing, it is a wise parenting choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• if your financial status is such that you can afford to have another one, have at it. With this recession most ppl can't afford it and would wait until the economy was better but if this isn't an issue for you....get naked and get goin'

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My opinion is if y'all want another one...go ahead!

I don't really agree with the whole "wait for the right time" or "wait till we get more money" ideas. When is there ever a "right time" to have children? And what dollar amount is "right" to have one or two or three?

True enough, if you & your SO don't work, are living in a shelter, MAYBE that's not a wise choice LOL but, for most people, especially with at least one job in the family....go for it. There is no "perfect" time.

BABY DUST!*
    SuperHumanC

Answer by SuperHumanC at 11:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I know plenty of people that have a sibling very close to their age
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i think its fine as long as you want it who cares what other people think about the age difference you and your hubby are the ones who have to deal with it, go for it!!!!
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• LOL if you want to talk close in age, try twins! And don't let the "they wont get the only child experience" thing get you down. My kiddos wont, but there is something special about having a sibling so close in age. Think instant friends!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My kiddo is 6 and we're having baby#2 in a couple of months, we wanted a little space not the almost 7 years we have though.
    RoraMonsterMom

Answer by RoraMonsterMom at 1:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No matter what you decide you will always hear stories of the opposite. Ohh mine were to far apart and that was not good or it was great and ohh mine were to close together and it was great or horrible. It is just the luck of the draw. Soooooo that means if you decided to start trying at a certian time then go for it. You are always going to hear opposing arguments and you need to do what you feel is right. My argument for having mine 18 1/2 months apart is that I started late (33 with 1st and 35 with 2nd) and wanted to get them going and maybe fit in a 3rd before I really get close to 40. Best of luck to you and your family!!!
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 1:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Anon, I don't think it's wise parenting. It's your choice. There are many advantages and disadvantages to every spacing.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2009