Joe Sestak claims all military personnel, whether they know it or not, are democrat.

I watch the Colbert Report and just saw this guy say that those enjoying the benefit of military health care clearly support UHC even if they don't realize it. Thoughts?

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 11:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmmm. they may participate in it, that doesn't mean they like it or support it. But, like most employer sponsored health care, you take what they offer.

written by,
    a Sister and Aunt to 2 brave Iraq War Vets with my Bubba headed to Afghanistan.
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 11:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am pretty miffed by this. Firstly, I don't like the idea of anyone laying claim to what the military should feel politically. We are a diverse group of soldiers and spouses who are united in defending the country or supporting those who do so. Secondly, we make HUGE sacrifices to have the health care we do- so what about that makes him think we want to just share the wealth on it after so much sweat and effort? And finally, what would this do to recruiting efforts? That's one of the perks any employer can offer- take that way and there's one less incentive to serve.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

•  NOPE! They agree to the compensation agreement when they enlist, INCLUDING HEALTHCARE. If they do not want those benefits, they they simply need not COMMIT TIME IN SERVICE. It's called a CHOICE. If they want to enjoy a free market choice in  healthcare, then they can get out, get a different job, and vwalaa!  When the government mandates health decisions that impact the ENTIRE US,(not just those who commit time in service) they are taking the CHOICE away from Americans.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Maybe he means they are all dumb and can be lead around without question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Hrmmm, coward at 11:15...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Voila....it is VOILA...not Vwalaa..... Voila is a French word. It means "satisfaction with something accoplished such as "I mixed the ingredients for the stew and... VOILA, it was tasty". Vwalaa is something you made up.LOL.
    Oh, and Military health care is available at all posts and bases and saves a whole bunch of money. That is one of the benefits our family enjoyed during our 21 years in the AirForce. You guys pay taxes to help pay military expenses,you know. Its kind of like socialism. LOL. Oh gosh, how about that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Right!!! I am a closet Democrat. That is toooooooooooo funny!

We are military and we think the insurance is CRAP. In fact, I like to call it Tricrap, not Tricare. Just because it is pays 100% doesn't mean it is quality. That is why we have private insurance. We have BCBS and I am totally satisfied with it.

I almost died having our second child.
    I had to wait 6 months to see a breast surgeon when I found a lump in my breast.
    Our pediatrician kept insisting our youngest was deaf because he wasn't talking. Even though our son responded to his voice. Our child has an autism spectrum disorder. We had to pull a zillion strings to get a new doc assigned.

I guess I had better report this guy for spreading fishy information and lies.....
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Nope, they are employed and receive healthcare.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Its kind of like socialism. LOL. Oh gosh, how about that?

Actually it's not like socialism in one way... YOU HAVE A CHOICE, as an American citizen, TO LEAVE it and enter the "free market".... People make the CHOICE to protect and serve. It isn't decided for them.  And thanks for the

And um, Vwala, (added an extra 'a' for the effect)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Um....it is a COMEDY show, you know?

Actually, our military personnel likely should pray that they get OUT without ever needing medical care through the service. http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8150409&page=1

Answer by gdiamante at 12:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2009