I tired of pumping and have no more room for my milk? What do I do?

Ok my baby sleeps anywhere between 11 and 13 hours a night and I have to pump normaly around 6 in the morning because I wake up engoraged and/or leaking and my baby doesn't get up til about 9 so I pump and store it.... thing is she refuses to take the bottle right now. We're gonna keep tying and are hoping by the time it's time for a sippy cup she will drink the stored milk then but that's not for another at least 2 months away. There's almost no room in my freezer for food for me and my husband cuz it's stuffed with breatmilk! I'm tired of pumping and I have no more room... How can I stop pumping if my boobs fill up while my baby sleeps? Any advice?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 11:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pump and donate it so that babies can drink breastmilk that arent able to.. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i agree, you can donate to babies in need of milk. otherwise, pump just to relieve the engorgement and not any more. if baby doesn't normally eat then, your body will adjust. but it would be awesome if you could donate, there are many babies and families in need!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I thought about that.... do I just donate it to hospitals? I dunno... I'm just really tired of pumping also.... pumping and boiling everything every day? I would love to just sleep through the night while my baby sleeps and not have to worry about it (sometimes I have to get up earlie like as early as 3 and it totally interupts my sleep and I'm tired the whole next day)
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i believe the more u pump the more your boobs will fill faster & leak more.... just double up on boob pads maybe?? thats what i have to do sometimes
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You can donate if you want to keep pumping. If you don't, then slowly decrease the pumping time till you're not pumping any more. You really don't need to.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:29 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i would see if u had enough milk stored intill she is on whole milk if u planed on nursing her that long...also it helps to break her to the bottle if u have someone else do it and ur not home...my dd was taking the bottle at 2 months but only from my ex when i was home i nursed her and when i wanted to go somewhere i pumped enough so that he could feed her while i was gone to cut back on supply just pump a little bit to relieve engorment and use cabage leaves something about cabage helps dry up ur milk supply
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Start pumping less. Like, drop 2 mins off the pump session each day, until you've dropped that pumping session.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009