I told my husband I want a seperation but when things go good for us,I love being with him and I'm crazy to think of leaving him.

A few days ago I had a big fight with my husband of 8 yrs.He's been out of work and doesn't try very hard to keep the jobs he gets.This angered me so much I mentioned maybe if we seperated you would get more serious about your jobs.This is only the real thing that is causing frustration in our marriage,other than he's a @** because he is thick headed and argues at times but I'm sure that's caused by his inability to keep a job and his personality clashes with mine.I still love him but hate his childlike ways.He's planning to get some kind of dissabilty to pay the rent,this will heal our marriage.Do you think saying mean words like seperation is forgivable in marriage or do you think because what I said will always scar our relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• no. i think almost every couple says that at least once.i know we have. if you love him and you meant your vows..then i would say stay,,but if hes reeally childish and just wont try..then you have every right to move on.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• No one likes having the stability of a relationship threatened this way. I think if you're going to threaten to blow up the marriage, then you need to be emotionally prepared to go through with it. Or have HIM go through with it.
    Micksbabe

Answer by Micksbabe at 11:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'm on your side. He have to pull his weight too, I won't lie to you, it seem that he is giving up on working, and you can't provide for a grown man. Financial problems can ruin a marriage, you're not being mean, tell him to get a job and hold on to it for once.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• nope, it was just a suggestion. It will give him something to think about and incentive to do better.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my husband says mean things to me out of anger and some things stick.. i have a complex about alot of things because of him and i will never know if he ever meant the things he said or was he really just angry.. i don't do it to him cause i know how bad it hurts.. BUT, if it was the first time you've ever done this he shouldn't read too much into it, he will probably understand that you were just angry.. i just wouldn't make a habit of it..
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2009