Bachelor Party....DO OR DON'T???

I'm getting married next spring, still a lot of planning to do. We haven't talked about any pre-parties yet. I honestly don't see the point of a bachelor party, I'm not having a bachelorette party. What do you think?

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 11:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• i think its one of those things that if you tell him he absolutely can't have one, even if he didn't really care in the first place it'll turn into an issue. its a fun way to go out and celebrate getting married. just b/c he is having one doesn't mean there will be anything "wrong" going on. same w/a bachelorette party, its just a way to celebrate and have fun w/your girlfriends. if he wants to have one, just ask that he respect that fact that you guys have already made a lifelong commitment even if you aren't married so ask that he behave and otherwise have fun.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My husband and I didn't really want one either, we just met up with some friends at a bar and had some drinks and called it a night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I tried to get my DH to have a bachelor party. he wasn't interested. My ex husband didn't have one either. He did go to quite a few though. After one in particular, he said he hoped the groom had warts on his lips for the wedding. Guess the stripper did more than strip. Or let him do it to her anyway. I guess it depends on how much trust you have for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I would tell him how you feel. I;m personally against strip clubs... Our friends did a joined wedding party bacholer/bacholerete party and went out club hopping... maybe you guys can do something like that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i dont see the point either. i would tell him you dont want him too and see what he says. and if you let him have one, you should have one too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Allow him to have a bachelor party if he wants, but let him know that all the fun and games stops there.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• First, you don't have to have the parties, no. If your DF wants one, why not let him? I think they can be a true test of your feelings and faith and trust in one another, and it's nice to have that one last, "This is my last chance to change my mind." moment. I know I would've appreciated it if I'd wanted one. But if you give him the opportunity to do so, be assured that there may be rumors, but don't mind them. If you can't trust him with his closest buddies now, how will you when you're married?

You don't have to go out and drink to have a good time at a bachelor/ette party. I made a suggestion earlier, and we had a really fun (dirty) scavenger hunt on Greek Row at the closest university!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:43 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My future step-daughter who is 24 said she wanted to take me out with girlfriends for a bachelorette party. I told my fiance this and he was kind of bugged about the idea since it sort of is supposed to symbolize a final celebration of what you are "giving up." We both are so looking forward to getting married and don't feel we are giving anything up with the single life so the whole idea is pointless for us. I'd much rather go out with him and some friends to celebrate one last "date" before becoming husband and wife.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:25 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't suggest it cause most get jealous. Have a joint party If he insists on having one.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• It's not really up to you, it's up to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009