what is this world coming to?

On news lastnight they told about a burger king that wouldnt let a 6 month girl and her mother stay and eat because the baby didnt have shoes on. They said its a no shirt no shoes no service policy. I understand if it was an older kid but a BABY!!! Thats just stupidity. They said it was a sanitary issue. How dirty could her feet be I mean come on I work in a food plant and if we went by sanitary conditions we wouldve been shut down a long time ago. By the way you should see some of the shit that goes in hot dogs and lunch meat its a lot worse than a baby not having shoes on!!

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 11:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's insane! I never had shoes on my kids before they started toddling around.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• maybe it is a govt. policy insuring shoes are sold in stores and the economy rises! sounds fishy?lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Sounds like someone was on a power trip at that Burger King.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I try to put socks on my baby, but she takes them off and laughs about it, then sucks her toes (who am I to judge?) It doesnt make sense to buy a baby shoes except for pictures, and unless they are learning to walk. What a bunch of jerks
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You have to understand that a lot of people at fast food jobs aren't the smartest people on Earth and are probably scared to death of losing their jobs. Their boss tells them that everyone has to wear shoes into the place and they must enforce the rule. If you aren't too bright you might not think about a baby vs an 80 year old wearing shoes. They had a rule and someone was dumb with enforcing it. So what? People act dumb all the time. Its not like its the end of the world. Burger King didn't put up an ad saying "No babies without shoes" it was one employee, once. They family got the royal treatment for life. Heck tell my baby not to wear shoes I'd love free food for life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• LOL seriously?? My daughter is 7 months old, and she only has 1 pair of shoes that fit and they're dress shoes, so she goes barefoot A LOT!! Also, I don't put socks on her when we go places, because we're in like close to 100 degree weather and I don't have AC in my car. Tough luck Burger King. McDonald's doesn't mind! :-)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• OP here-- The lady and baby was with a church group and they was told they had to leave-- not by just an employee but by the manager. and I dont know where anon 11:43 gets that they get royal treatment for life when it just happened yesterday but I think it would be nice if they do
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 11:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009