Enema question...

Has anyone here tried an enema as a way of getting labor started?

I am 39 weeks and 5 days. Due to complications my doctor doesn't want me to go past my due date so I pretty much have two days to have this baby naturally or else I have to have another c-section which I do not want.

He suggested an enema so I know it's ok'd by him, I'm just wondering about other people's experiences with it and it you felt that it helped or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have lots and lots of wild sex. in the next two days.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 12:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• try looking into acupressure and nipple stimulate. but nothing is going to work if baby's not ready. what are the complications, if you don't mind me asking.
    one thing NOT to do is to use castor oil, that can cause your baby to go into distress.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• There is a risk of my placenta stopping working that my doctor is concerned about.

I know all of the different ways to try and I've been trying them. I am still wondering if anyone has any insight on enemas though because that is the one I don't know much about and would like to hear other people's experiences.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009