Can a 2 1/2 month old (10 weeks) really pull themselves up and stand on their own??!!

That is what a mother on here said her baby did...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maby she meant 10 month old?? idk i saw that same thing and thought that was ridiculous
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't believe it or believe that a 6 week old can do it either. i thinks it is 100% BS and parents trying to out do others.its ridiculous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Bear weight on legs while a parent is holding hands/arms .... maybe. I know my son could bear weight on his legs before he was 2 months old. He could "flip" himself on his back/stomach before we left the hospital. However, pull oneself to a stand and stand on own with support of furniture? Naw. Not until 6mo, at least. But if mommy put him/her in a standing position, he/she may manage it.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• NO...maybe it was a typo....???
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i don't believe that a 6 week old did that. i have a 6 week old and no way. women on here tell amazing tales. i need the proof.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Guinness book of world records, a 4 month old can walk so why not? never really know I suppose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Haha!!! I had a lady tell me her baby rolled over at 2 months and was walking at 4 months. PLEASE! I don't know why people have to lie, their babies are already special!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't think so. My DD did roll over twice when she was 17 days old. But didn't do it again til about 2 months and that's when it was an every day thing. She started back to tummy at a little over 3 months. She is 4 months now but cant even sit up, but if I am the one to put her standing up she will stay that way for a bit but always falls down. She was 2 weeks late and came out wide eyed and alert from the get-go. I am not bragging on my kid, but I have numerous friends with kids within 6 months of mine. My DD does some things before theirs did and theirs did some things before mine. I don't believe that this is true for one minute though!
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 12:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Wildkitten lets see the pics!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Aug. 7, 2009