How do I stop my two yr. old from hitting me...........

It might sound crazy but I've tried everything and nothing is seeming to work. My two year old seems to get a kick out of seeing me frustrated. Every time I go towards her to stop her from something. She either hits at me or just starts banging on the wall , or phsically holding on to me until I pry her loose then when I get her off me she starts to hit on me. Please give some advice?

Keturah747

Asked by Keturah747 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put him in his car seat in the house for a time out
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Hit him back. Hard on the ass!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• wow does your daughter and my son have secret meetings? my son is 15 months old and just started the "hitting phase". he threw his shoes at my face yesterday, and this evening while carrying him to his room for a diaper change he ripped off my glasses and started slapping me! but he was crabby all day. someone had a case of the mondays LOL.
    I'll keep my eye on this post for the replies! what i'm doing for my situation is just telling him OUCH and NO.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

Thats a good one! Im going to try that when my girl's act up!
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• HIT HIM BACK !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my son does the same thing he will throw things at me and slap me in the face he even punched me and he is only gonna be 19mo old! One thing you never do is Hit them back because you tell them not to hit but you hit them!! I tell my son no thats not nice we give hi 5s and be gentle to mommy, and if he does it again I put him in a time out in his car seat or crib, not too long tho... I always tell my son that he is a good boy and good boys dont hit their moms and are nice... so far its working he does not do it as much as he did and he thinks sometimes before he does it! and does something else he does not like getting put in a car seat with nothing same with his crib i dont give him any toys to play with and he gets bored!!
    RomeoButtlerMOM

Answer by RomeoButtlerMOM at 1:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My daughter is almost 15 mos and started doing the same thing. I usually pretend to cry and if she continues I will hold her hands until she clams down and tell her sternly "no, that isn't nice or it's not nice to hit".
    J-L-O

Answer by J-L-O at 9:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009