have u had bad credit and got it straightned out

my husband and I used to have great credit . About 3 yrs ago we had a break up and alot of things went unpaid. Now we are really wanting to get it straightned out and now we have a great income to do so .... Have any of u done this????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• call your creditors and see if they would work things our with you, so many companies are hurting for money that they most likely will even lower the amount your owe.
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes. I paid off all of my debts and then cancelled all but one credit card. Then I paid my card off every single month. My score improved really quickly once I did all of that.

Start by paying off all of your debts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• http://www.creditinfocenter.com/debt/pay-for-delete.shtml

No, not financially enough "stable" yet to pay things off but hopefully eventually. I have pasted a link for you which may help get you some answers. They are really very helpful there and may get you some answers too. It's not a good idea to do credit "repair" but there are other options and there are many listed in that link such as writing to the collection agency with a "settlement offer" and there are many sample letters on that forum as well to help guide you. They are great on that site. I did start to clean up my score about 2004 but then got blind-sided with BS so I am back to square zero, still trying though.

I belonged to that message board in about 2004.

Best of luck and I am sure you can do it. Check out that board, on the sides in the margins too is a lot of good info.
    Here's another link:
    http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebuild/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We had a car repossessed, we paid it off over a 2 year period. Then we waited about 6 months applied for a credit card and keep a low balance. About 2 years later we bought a car. You just really have to stay on top of things. Good luck.

ajnattysmommy

Answer by ajnattysmommy at 2:34 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• go to your library and take out anything by Suze Orman

Answer by rkoloms at 11:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2009