Anyone not buying a crib set? I saw a breathable bumper that if babies face is against it middle of night is safer than those crib sets

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmmm this is interesting. where did u find it?
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• are you talking about the cribshield breathable bumper? IMO much safer than traditional bumpers
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You know... I used a breathable bumper and it kept sinking toward the matress. It was almost like there was no bumper but maybe it depends on the crib
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I never bought a crib set....too expensive. I do have bumpers though, didnt get them until a couple months ago. My daughter is 9 months and doesn't seem bother her. She sleeps with her head in a corner which still makes me nervous but if i move her, she just moves back in her sleep. I've thought about getting the breathable bumpers, but i dont like the fact that if she hits her head, there's no padding. I doubt she'll have the bumpers much longer anyway because she's starting to stand now.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Saw them Babies r us & walmart they come in white, pink, blue, etc.... they go around the whole crib it looks like a mesh material so you can even see the baby through it, I'm buying one for my next baby because the one my son had was so thick & didn't even think about his face against it I was a first time mom now I know better : ) even though it looks plain I think safty wins here : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• lol i got a sheet for the crib and then i went and got a sereparte bumper but in the matching color
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 12:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• mommylee, i know what you are worried about with the baby sleeping in the corner but because of her age and the fact that she can move to more comfortable positions during sleep, I don't think you need to worry about suffocation. I worried a lot with my son too...I checked on him constantly! :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 12:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• shouldn't we just buy those baby bumper things that they lay in? kinda looks like smaller changing table contour pads
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I only used a breathable bumper and sleep sacks. No bedding set. Waste of money.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2009