Interesting no?

History is the sum total of things that could have been avoided”
- Konrad Adenauer, First Chancellor of the Federal Republic of West Germany.

Joy Tiz

I can remember the feeling I had when he spoke. At last, I said, here’s somebody who can get us out of this mess.
(Campbell, Susan Bartoletti. Hitler Youth: Growing Up in Hitler’s Shadow. New York: Scholastic, Inc. 2005, Pg. 19. )

He was so convincing on the speaker’s platform and appeared to be so sincere in what he said that the majority of his listeners were ready to believe almost anything good about him because they wanted to believe it.

As time went on, it became clear that he thought of himself as the Messiah.
if you want to continue reading the link will be posted below..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• no.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Gee!!! Who does that sound like. Autodidact, put down the koolaid.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:16 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• It is thoroughly offensive to compare any human to Hitler, regardless of the accuracy of the comparison, and rightly so. The man committed some unspeakable atrocities.

I highly doubt that Barack Obama has plans of singling out a group of people in a scheme to purify America. Rather, he would kill freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and our way of life.

Witness the WH's attempt to have dissenting thoughts on the HC bill reported to them.

Con't
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Considering that every four years that as a collective we grant a single individual one of the most powerful seats in the world, it is our UTMOST RESPONSIBILITY to hold that indidual accountable for their actions. We cannot sit idly by and watch as government slowly grabs our own power and makes it theirs. I would have you recall the boiled frog. . .if you put him in a boiling pot, he will jump, and your meal will have fled. Now should you start the water at a balmy temperature and raise it gently, he will likely not notice death is upon him until it is finished.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:19 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• So, it is a worthwhile endeavor to learn history and watch our leaders carefully to make sure the past doesn't repeat itself.

You can choose to ignore the similarities between Hitler and Obama, but they do exist. Of course, I'm sure you could compare my dog to Hitler and come up with a couple similarities.

It is wise, though, to take note and watch carefully. We are a young country, prone to passion and error. It would be foolish to think otherwise.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Lovin Yes Hitler ended up doing atrocious things.I just think aside from the killing of Jews Obama has alot in common with him.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:11 AM on Aug. 7, 2009