How did you feel, emotionally and physically, when you brought your first baby home from the hospital?

sweetmoonem

Asked by sweetmoonem at 12:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I brought my duaghter home I was anxiouse and excited emotionally, physically disgusted with my body I didn't have after birth pain my whole birth was fairly easy. After my emotions calmed down I was kinda scared I didn't know what to do I had so many worries in my head...Em I going to be a good mom is she going to like me will I always do whats best for her what if she doesnt turn out because I did something wrong ect...it took me 3-4 months to be comfortable with myself around my monkey...Now we are always together always playing together shes the best thing that has ever happened to me!
    tinkerbellma21

Answer by tinkerbellma21 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Exhausted, excited, nervous, and scared. lol. I had a c-section so I was really uncomfortable and I didnt sleep well in the hospital or for the first month and a half. I was so paranoid I wouldn't hear her.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I was exhausted and kind of in survival mode. I too had a C-section but I made them bring me my son as soon as I was back in my room (you are supposed to rest an hour first) and then I kept him the whole time in the hospital and DH didnt wake up so I didnt really sleep at all. I never had that really emotional "moment" that you see on TV where you cry. I just kinda went "here is my son, I am his mom and this is what I have to do to stay strong for him."
    I just kind of felt "right" like he belonged right there in my arms the whole time, and like I waited my whole life for motherhood. Like two puzzle peices were finally fitting together just like I new they would.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Physically I was okay, just a little tired. Emotionally I was okay too but I just kept thinking how weird it was to see him in his basinet after all those months of seeing it empty and picturing him in it!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• EXCITED! In pain (until I took my meds.. i had an emergency C) and drowsy. I always held my newborn and would just stare at her face, amazed she was finally here, and excited I finally got to hold her! I also didn't have that "moment" janellemarie talked about... my DH did!!!! But I knew she was mine and was overjoyed that I finally got to see her!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:41 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i was very overwhelmed. here i was with the one person i've been waiting to meet for about 9 months so in love but yet nervous about being the best mom to my dd as i possibly could. not to mention a little sore from the pushing and the tear. i could not stop looking at her even when she slept i wouldn't just so i could make sure she was okay!
    ambernicole628

Answer by ambernicole628 at 3:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I had a c-section. I was in the hospital for 5 days. All those days we took advantage and sent baby to nursery at night so we could sleep (well not really since nurses came in and out to check on my meds and antibiotics). I was physically in major pain. I couldn't walk and has a catheter for 2 days and it hurt to sit down to pee. When I got home, I was exhausted at waking up every 2 hrs, changing diapers and being in major pain from the c-section. Its been a week and a half n I feel great and attend my boy all the time.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• With my 1st I felt great, a little weepy, sleepy. With my last I cried alot, overwhelmed, exhausted. DH had to tell people to stop coming by.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I was excited. I had a c-section and my baby was in the nicu for 2 weeks since she was 7 weeks early, so by the time she came home I was just so happy for her to finally be home So I could just love and hold her when ever I wanted. I felt so guilty the whole time she was in the nicu because I couldnt be there all the time. It was nice to get some much needed rest on my part and no to have to leave the house for a while.
    kjess8713

Answer by kjess8713 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 7, 2009