All Inclusive Vacation with NO kids.

My husband is coming home from Afghanistan next summer some time and we want to take an all inclusive (hotel, good food, activities) somewhere on the beach. I'm having a hard time finding what I want. I do NOT want to stay in a "hotel". Would prefer a room with a shower RIGHT on the beach... Does that make sense? Like a little gondala room type thing. Any ideas moms?

MrsFlorzak

Asked by MrsFlorzak at 12:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Travel

• YES! try vacation rentals by owner, vrbo.com
    you can find any sweet little place anywhere you want with lots of privacy for most times alot less than what you would pay for a hotel or condo rental. with early planning you can get a great place.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• We stayed at a nice resort complex in Jamaica the had little cottages on the beach no outside showers thou, but the food was great and so was all the fun activities that were included! You can check out some resorts in St. Lucia also I looked into some with private showers and stuff there too before.
    Rfoxxracing

Answer by Rfoxxracing at 3:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I am not a fan of the all-inclusives; I like to get out and experience the island. This is a lovely, small hotel, a quick walk to the beach, restaurants, island bus, etc. http://www.pelicanbayhotel.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• paradise point in San Diego, ca, beautiful!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2009