Are you supposed to get a period every month with the IUD paragaurd?

I know that with the mirena you dont because it has hormones, but with the paragaurd I am not sure I got the website and it says if you missed a period you should contact your healthcare provider if you miss a period. I made an appointment but since its not an emergency I have to wait a few days but I am going crazy with the possiblity that I may be pregnant again my baby just turned six months and I did want more children just no so soon can anyone please tell me that they too did not get their cycle while on the IUD

babyelqutob2

Asked by babyelqutob2 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• Ehhhh. I still get my period. Every. Friggin. Month. BLAH.

Good thing you made the appointment. Anti-baby dust coming your way :))
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i wouldnt worry too much with some women it goes away altogether over time not right away. anyway i missed my period too a couple mo after having it and then it came back. like normal do a self check to make sure you feel the strings. if they are in place you are ok. it could be scary though.maybe your cycle is changing.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 11:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009