why am i so bad? is it a maturity issue?

I love my husband very much, but I'm just so mean to him all the time. Granted, he does play WoW a lot but we still talk and have good communication. I don't understand why I'm so mean to him. 'We accept the love we think we deserve' is that why? Because he is a great man and provider and I've been so bad to him for no reason. Is there anyway to get past this?

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 12:29 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• i'm mean too. i love him more than anything and i'm still mean sometimes

women are mean :(
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:31 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Id be mad if my hubby played WoW all of the time too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yeah that used to be a big problem but he toned down and we found a nice medium, so now I don't know what my deal is!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't think of love as a feeling. Love is a choice.

You KNOW you've been feeling bad about the way you treat him, so CHOOSE to do differently. When you catch yourself in the act, choose to make it a point to apologize to him openly and replay the situation, actually ACT IT OUT, right then and there, you have to re-train yourself into doing so, and into thinking about his feelings BEFORE you act.

I had a problem similar to this too, and that's the only way I was able to get past it!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I used to be mean to mine all of the time too. I'm not anymore.

If you're anything like me then the reason could be that you don't feel like you deserve him and are trying to push him away.
    It's much easier to have him leave you because then you can justify feeling that men are scum and they're all the same.
    That's what is was for me anyways.
    Lucky for me, mine didn't leave and I now have actual value for myself and realize that I DO deserve him and he deserves the real me that he now gets.

Women constantly self-sabotage especially in relationships.
    Once you start seeing all of the wonderful things about yourself that he clearly sees(since he's with you and loves you) then things will be better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• maybe deep down you really can't stand him and you are punishing him for how much you really hate him, or maybe you hate yourself and you need him to take it out on, either way you must figure it out and fix it or neither one of you will ever be happy
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, by any means, but one little line in a verse in the song "Cold As You" goes, "I start a fight, 'cause I need to feel something..."

It's very true. I used to pick fights, just so we'd have something to talk about. I didn't just say to myself, "Oh, I'm going to pick a fight to get him riled up!" But I caught myself doing it and realized there were other ways to word things so as to still get my point across, but not to cause an argument. It's a really fine line... I must say.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Thank you ladies :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• we are staci LOL
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009