midwife and newborn tests

what tests are REQUIRED for my midwife to give my baby? (im in oklahoma)
do they HAVE to drug test and all of that or can i opt out?

no im not asking because i use drugs or anything. im just wandering what exactly will be done and if i can opt out of something i dont believe my child needs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think anything is required - you can sign a waiver on the eye ointment and vitamin k. The pku is done AFTER 24 hours, but I might consider that one.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i think you can opt out of whatever you don't want done. but, i'm not sure what has to be done. just ask your midwife, she will know.
    are you having a homebirth or birthing at a birth center?
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• ok. i just didnt know because when i had my first child they didnt give me the option. they automatically did everything.
    ill be giving birth at the hospital, with my midwife more then likely. i want a home birth but im not sure SO will go for it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Drug tests? I thought that was only done if they suspected drug abuse. Anyways as PP have mention as with everything you have a right to opt out.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2009