Are you a mom with a ..............

tattoo or nose ring (small lil stud) and are involved in you kids school PTA... ect ? Do other moms look at you funny? Would you treat someone different because of that??

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 1:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am a mom wih a few tattoos and a nose studded ring. My kids are too young for school but I do plan to be in the pta and all that just as my mother was. I'm sure I will have those snotty moms who seem to think they are better than us because they rather hide who they really are. If this crap is happening to you, don't be discouraged. It doesn't matter how you dress or how many tattos and piercings you have. All that matters is that you're there for your children who are gonna love you no matter what for who you are.
    girlsmomma06

Answer by girlsmomma06 at 3:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My husband is the pres of the pto at my son's school. It's all good. In fact, I think there is nothing wrong with it. What i see wrong are the women that show up with their thong sticking out and their bootie sticking out of their hot pants
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm on the PTA and volunteer in my Son's classroom and have a four leaf glover on my foot and 3 stars behind my ear (1 for each of my kids) and a few more that are hidden, I never get funny looks (that I know of). And no I wouldn't treat someone different if they had tattoos or a nose ring. I'm an AMAZING Mother (regardless of my tattoos) and would put myself up against a non tattoo Mom anyday.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My old hairdresser used to complain about that, I have piercings and I honestly don't see myself taking them out anytime soon. Granted my son is 15 months and by the time he's in kindergarden who knows, but times are changing!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:25 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't have tattoos or piercings, and I don't treat people differently based on their appearance. I have, however, experienced rude comments/looks based on my looks. I'm a busy mom and I don't always have time to look as nice as I'd like to. Guess I don't wear the "bag lady" look very well! ;)
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 1:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have been on the PTA board for years and nope, I personally don't care about piercings, tattoos etc. I am always just so happy that we have moms that are willing to help. One year we had a young mom that would dress really sexy and the older ladies would comment about her. I just told them "Hey, if I had her body, I would dress like that".
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i have a tattoo but my kids are still too young to worry about that. and i figure by the time they get to school it will be split about 50/50 for the parents who have tattoos and piercings, so the looks won't be anywhere near as bad.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:59 AM on Aug. 7, 2009