Does anyone have a spouse that is involved in a fantasy league?

Is this gambling? If not why is my husband sooo dedicated to this league. Every once and a while he has to send a small amount of money (like 20-$25 that I know of) to the team captain. He watches sports and then hours later he's back on the computer setting up his line up again. What is this? Can anyone please inform me!

wilsongirl26

Asked by wilsongirl26 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Why don't you ask him about it? You deserve to know at least a little about what he's doing, especially if he's that dedicated to it.

I, personally, don't know anything about it! I remember seeing something about it in Knocked Up haha
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my husband is not so in to the gambeling thing... besides lottery tickets, you know the scratch off kind and powerball tickets, hes dead set on hitting it big one day! but he does play this stupid computer game to death and it drives me crazy! everquest could very well end our maraige one day
    mrsmurders

Answer by mrsmurders at 1:57 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My hubby does Fantasy Baseball and Fantasy Football .. he's been doing it for probably 20 years w/friends from high school. Sometimes it can be really time consuming - it just depends on how much he's into it. There is a team fee and "transaction fees" when they trade players, and at the end of the season there's winner and the $ that's been collected usually goes to top 3, or so. he's made his $ back a few seasons, but really it's just a bonding thing and a way for him to keep in touch with his friends that he doesn't see very often. He does check it on line every day. But it doesn't interfer & the $ has never been an issue.
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 10:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2009