Prayer requests please (any kind of prayers or good thoughts are welcome)

I don't care what religion you are or anything, I just need some good thoughts and prayers please. We just found out today my 91 year old grandmother has cancer. She was admitted to the hospital yesterday morning with severe abdominal pain and back pain. They found a large spot on both her right lung and liver. It's not looking good. Tomorrow is the biopsy of the liver to find out what kind of cancer, and then more tests to see how bad it is. She is very frail, and also has brittle bones and other physical ailments. Would you guys please pray for the best for her? she has been in such constant pain, but I really don't want to lose her either. Please just pray for things to work out how they should, and to give my mom and her brothers and sisters the strength to endure this difficult time. Thanks everyone.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 1:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes I will pray for your grandma.
    Dear Lord please help her Grandma to be calm and not fearful! I pray Grandma knows you and knows you will never leave her nor forsake her, We pray this will be healed as with you all things are possible! In Jesus Name Amen
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Thanks anon. We are a Christian family, but my grandma was not raised in the church and she has had a difficult life. I also hope that she knows God and Jesus, but it is not something she ever talked about. She is a very good person, and has always lived her life to help others and to give everything she could and then some to everybody else. I know that IF she passes, she will be in Heaven when I get there and that is a comforting thought.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:01 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• hey i will pray for her .. You have to talk to her and ask her if she wants to get saved cause you are chrisitan so you know what happens when you die ... I pray for her to be healed if its in God's will and hope that she finds the Lord before she dies.... God bless you and your family
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I would ask her if she ever trusted in Jesus to be sure, somehow? prayers
    Ephesians 2 8-10 by grace not works
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Romans 3:23
    Romans 5:8
    Romans10:13
    maybe read her these verses?:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Thanks everyone.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:21 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I will definitely pray for grandma. I lost my dad 9 years ago today to cancer at the age of 66. Regardless of what happens always be assured that she lived a long life and I am sure she is proud of all of her accomplishments. God bless you and yours in this time of sadness. Luv you, luv me.
    ~Gigi
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 4:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Of course :) I always pray for those who ask christian or not :) Is she saved though? If not now would be a GREAT time to talk to her about God :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:18 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'll be praying for your grandmother as well as the rest of your family.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:15 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You and your family will be in my prayers...
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2009