swaddeling??

i dnt know if im just not doing it right or not but my little guy doesnt seem to like to be swaddled, that or he is to wiggly, he kicks and kicks ans kicks untill he hs come all undone. i am thinking of purchasing a swaddle me blanket by Kiddopotamus and wanted to know if any of you other ladies have tryed them? i have a sleep sack that was given to me by a friend, i put him in after his bath and supper and he has been sleepig beautifully ever since, so maby i was doing it wrong...lol

mrsmurders

Asked by mrsmurders at 1:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't bother... my dd never wanted to be swaddled from the moment she was born! No matter who "showed" us how to swaddle her, she would first get her arms out, then move the blanket down to her hip and lift her feet! Always got it off. As long as he is warm he is ok! I do know that her stubborn-ness has stuck around 21 mos later :) She still enjoy's being cuddled, but never wrapped tightly in a blanket! She loves the movement and those sleep sacks were PERFECT for her! i would just use that!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• if the sleep sack works maybe he just prefers that freedom for his legs. my daughter loved being swaddled my son hates it. he probably just likes the movement he has in the sleep sack since its a little looser but still keeps him in a confined type of area, whereas the swaddling is too tight?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:54 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I haven't tried the sleep sack or the swaddle me blanket, what we do is put a blanket around him, where the ends meet under his back and it gives his legs more room to move, he loves it I can usually get him to sleep in just a couple of minutes doing that.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:01 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• some babies more mentally calm may not need it , he is probably going to be a early bloomer! or gifted!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Everyone I knew always told me to swaddle! swaddle! swaddle! So I would swaddle my son but after the first three weeks he would have nothing to do with it. He hated being wrapped up and would wiggle out. I think it is for some babies and not for others. Every child is different and doesn't need the same things other kids do.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My son HATED beind swaddled. He never liked being cramped at all. I had placenta previa when my son was born and we joke around saying he hated being cramped so much he broke free. So maybe you little one just doesnt like it. Not all babies do.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2009