Back To School Time!

So Alexis Is Only 2 so shell be in daycare!

but my son anthony will be going to school for the first time becuase he used to be home schooled.but i dont want him to look like what the kids would call a "geek" or have him look like he has "no style" and i dont really know what kind of clothes to buy him becuase im use to buying clothes for linny(my step Daughter) and i dont really know how dress him to look "cool" and "in style" he use to just come down stairs in his pjs to go to school!but i cant do that anymore becuase im trying to start a Business and i need to finish high school!so can you give me a few hints?

JessiAndMyAnty

Asked by JessiAndMyAnty at 2:27 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in

• Old Navy, Ross, TJMaxx and Target are great places to find clothes that are in style and less expensive.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 2:32 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• LOL....I like the way you worded your post. Too cute. I am sure your son wont look like a geek or anything, but I can understand your concerns. Every parent feels that way about their child...they should anyway. How old is he?? First as far as jeans, try to find him some at the GAP and I would recommend the outlet store if you have one. Childrens place also has nice jeans. I dont like walmart because my son is bad on the knees so I try to buy him a bit more expensive jeans. Shirts, I buy at Childrens place, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, and abercrombie. I bought 5 button up shirts from abercrombie on ebay for $30. I got a great deal. I am going to resell two of them because they were too big. I just love to shop so I make sure my kids look good when we leave the house. It really doesnt matter what you buy him, just dont let him tuck in his shirts too tightly, or at all, or wear his pants above his belly button, or not match. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Take him to Old Navy. You can't go wrong & they have great sales.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 7:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Old Navy, Target and Ross are your best bets. Plaid or khaki shorts with different cool t-shirts and you can't go wrong.

You don't say how old he is, but if he will be changing clothes for PE and the kids will see his underwear.........NO TIDY WHITIES! I didn't know this, but my son, now in the 8th grade, says that it is so "uncool" to wear plain white underwear in the locker room. You need cool boxers or colored briefs.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Don't buy everything up front...see what the other kids wear and what he likes first, and then add to his wardrobe. Kids dress pretty basically and you can get the clothes anywhere---Target, Walmart, Old Navy, etc. They all have the same styles....and the quality isn't really much different either. Esp since the kids grow out of their clothes before they can wear them out anyway!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My boys (ages 7 &10) tend to dress in classic boy styles--jeans, khakis, track pants, carpenter-style pants or shorts, & soccer shorts. They mostly wear t-shirts or polo shirts, with a few button downs for nicer occasions. They are both really into the layered look (we live in Western Washington & it is chilly over here). They wear long sleeved t-shirts under polos, that sort of thing. They also love their hoodies.

For shoes, sneakers or skater shoes.

We shop WalMart, Target, Old Navy, The Children's Place, and occasionally Ross. I love Ebay for kids' clothes. I bought SD a suede & faux fur jacket for 99 cents! Look for "lots" of clothing so you get multiple items in each purchase (can save on shipping) & search for newer sellers as they are trying to build their reputation & have great prices.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• When in doubt...go plain.
    Details matter to kids that age, like a cool zipper or design but if there are characters on the clothes there is the chance that the character is not "cool" anymore. Even younger kids have things like that. You cant go wrong with solid colors. And don't buy those socks that go really high. I remember feeling bad because I had those and other kids had fun colored ankle socks.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2009