Toast question...

does anyone know the ''proper'' (or convienent) way to make toast without a toaster? we are in the process of moving and haven't brought the toaster up yet...

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 2:28 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make it in the oven with a couple of pats of smart balance buttery spread. Put it in the oven for 5 minutes. I drizzle honey over it.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 7:44 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I know of two ways.
    1. melt a bit of butter in a frying pan and cook the toast on both side, browning them.
    2. preheat the oven and put the bread on the oven rack and turn it after a minute or two.

good luck with your move.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 2:35 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Ditto mom2boys, I actually thought butter the bread first then put it in the pan lol...will you have your gas hooked up already though?

Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 2:46 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• everything is hooked up. just not all here
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 2:54 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You toast the bread in the broiler, or using the broiler setting of your oven. Butter afterwards...like regular toast from the toaster. The other things sound like they might be tasty, but not exactly toast.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:02 AM on Aug. 7, 2009