How do you know when your belly had dropped I am almost 37 weeks

I am almost 37 weeks prego and My belly seems to look like it's dropped, also how do you know you have dialated at least 1 centimeter or 2?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 2:52 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• To tell if you have dialated I got lucky.. I'm a nurse so I knew what to feel for and before I just couldnt anymore I would check myself at least once a week but if you interested just ask you doctor at your next app. and I never noticed mine dropping but everyone else did so I would ask someone who's seen you before and see if they can tell a difference
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 2:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• ask the dr, nurse or midwife. as far as I know, there's no way for you to tell by yourself if you've dilated.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 7:39 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Dialation won't tell you anything. It isn't like it is on the pretty chart. You can not be dialated at all until active labor and your can be dialated and walking around like that weeks before labor. Knowing can backfire on you. If you know you are dialated you might get excited and think labor is imminent and it isn't and then you'll be dissapointed and stressed. If you aren't dialated you'll be dissapointed and stressed wondering what's wrong -- even though nothing is wrong.

When you are ready you'll know. You don't need anyone to keep numbers and tell you.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:31 AM on Aug. 7, 2009