What is a great way to get motivated to clean?

so much to do but how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in

• Invite company over...then you'll have no choice but to clean :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I usually set a timer. Five minutes, get as much picked up as you can and distribute it all back to the rooms they belong to, then 10 minutes for the kitchen, then 30 minutes of a break, 5 minutes to load the washing machine with a load of laundry, 10 minutes to clean the living room and then break again! Just keep trying to go! Set yourself a goal and if you finish your goal reward yourself at the end of the day with something!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I do 5 minutes in each room, then another 35 in the room that needs it the most.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 7:37 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• BLARE some of your favorite music. Leave the TV's off. Do cleaning along with doing other things, like vacuum the living room during the commercials of your favorite show, wipe down the bathroom during your child's bath time, and sweep the kitchen floor while you're cooking dinner. Another trick I use is to do all of the same cleaning at the same time. I focus on one thing, like picking up everything off the floor in every room of the house. I'll dust the whole house and clean all the glass at one go using paper towels and Pledge multi-surface cleaner.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Nothing motivates me to clean more than SO pissing me off. :) Pick a fight...?
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 4:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• When you find out let me know.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• check out flylady.net
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree with inviting someone over. That always makes me clean. Turn up the music, and if there are no kids in the house, that helps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009