How do I make some friends around here?

I'm a stay at home mom and I moved here from Oklahoma in April. I lived there for 2 years due to my hubby's Army crap and never had a friend. I'm from Missouri and still only talk to my friends and family there. I'm needing friends here. I'm gonna go crazy being home ALL the time. My husband works for Northrop Grumman so he's working through the week and also goes out of town for weeks at a time. I need some girls that know how to have fun with the kids at the park but still kick back and chill with a drink. I would love to find some girls who still wanna leave the kids at home with Daddy every now and then while we hit up a bar or something!!!

girlsmomma06

Asked by girlsmomma06 at 3:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well anytime you would like to look me you please do. I don't live near you at all but i would like to have a glass of wine while we PM back and forth.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:12 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• livew...
    Where is "here"? Have you searched the groups here at the cafe for a local group? I notice there are a lot of school groups, so you may want to search the name of the local public schools, even if your kids are not in school yet.

Also, you don't need to make friends with ONLY moms...if you want to go out and have a few drinks with the girls, maybe you should join a bowling league or a pool or darts team. First find a reliable babysitter, though! It sucks to be looking forward to a night out, just to have your sitter cancel.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 9:55 AM on Aug. 8, 2009